Today, we're excited to announce the general availability of Microsoft Teams, the new chat-based workspace in Office 365. Naturally and thoughtfully integrated with familiar Office applications and services—and built entirely on the Office 365 global, security-rich, compliant hyperscale cloud service—Microsoft Teams enables you to offer customers:
- Chat for today's teams. Communicate in the moment, and keep everyone in the know.
- A hub for team work. Give teams quick access to information they need, right in Office 365.
- Customizable for each team. Tailor workspaces to include content and capabilities teams need every day.
- Security teams can trust. Get the enterprise-level security and compliance features you expect from Office 365.
New opportunities for your practice
Microsoft Teams enriches the Office 365 collaboration story, delivering even more value to help you capture new customers and re-engage current customers. Through the door opened by Office 365 and Microsoft Teams discussions, you can extend customer conversations to include the added benefits of your related apps and services.
- Engage with new customers and reconnect with current customers looking for expanded collaboration capabilities.
- Helps drive renewal discussions with current customers.
- Drive Office 365 usage through Microsoft Teams adoption to help grow revenue streams.
- Develop new or extend current managed services offerings, for example, adoption, change-management, and network support for voice, video, and meetings.
- Build packaged IP services.
- Use available Microsoft Teams APIs to develop custom apps, build rich integrations, and surface apps through tabs, bots, and connectors.